A lovely afternoon tempted us up to look at the allotment. We took the latest batch of potted leeks to the greenhouse. About half a dozen of the existing leeks had keeled over, but we still have more than enough for what we want.
I made another frame to protect our plants from the ravages of the birds. There's still one more to make, but I need some more plywood corners and some more staples to fix the mesh to the frame.
Jean dug the carrot plot over again and sowed our first row of carrots. She moved the fleece tunnel from over the parsnips to over the carrot row. Given our poor record with carrots I hope these grow. The parsnips are growing well, although a few have not survived the planting out process.